Welcome to the hgh forum human growth hormone forum, please feel free to discuss anything pertaining to HGH, Anti Aging, bodybuilding and any subject that relates to health and anti aging supplements. Keep in mind that the issue of HGH is very touchy so please nothing illegal should be discussed in this Forum. We shall not be liable for any content that is posted in the forum as this is an open Forum. Remember it is always wise to talk to your physician before doing anything that relates to your health.

Moderator: GrahamM

By DoubleDay
#16216 First there was the no carb diet, then we found out that there are "good" carbs and "bad" carbs. What does this Glycemic Index thing mean, anyway?
The Glycemic Index is a way of measuring how your body reacts to a food. All carbohydrates are broken down into glucose (sugar) in your body, to be used for energy. Simple carbs are broken down more easily and faster, resulting in a blood sugar "high" followed by a crash. These foods have a high G.I. (glycemic index) value, and result in a "blood sugar rollercoaster" that keeps you craving junk all day long, alternating between energetic and exhausted. This cycle can lead to insulin resistance and Type 2 diabetes as your body floods with insulin after each blood sugar spike.
Low G.I. foods take longer for your body to break down, meaning that small amounts of sugar are released into the blood at a time. This gives you steady energy levels, without the crashes, and helps you to beat cravings. Eating small amounts of lean protein with your low G.I. foods will help keep your blood sugar stable even longer.
So, keeping track of the G.I. levels of your favourite foods will keep you feeling healthier and more energetic!