Welcome to the hgh forum human growth hormone forum, please feel free to discuss anything pertaining to HGH, Anti Aging, bodybuilding and any subject that relates to health and anti aging supplements. Keep in mind that the issue of HGH is very touchy so please nothing illegal should be discussed in this Forum. We shall not be liable for any content that is posted in the forum as this is an open Forum. Remember it is always wise to talk to your physician before doing anything that relates to your health.

Moderator: GrahamM

By Sapphire
#16378 So you've been following the FDA recommendations to the letter--eating 2000 calories a day and not a calories more, and spreading those calories among complex carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats in a balanced way. Why aren't you losing weight? In fact, you might even be gaining weight! So, what's going on?

What's going on is that everyone is different. Even though the FDA recommends 2000 calories a day for a healthy adult to maintain their weight, a muscular man who is 6'4" and has long arms and legs is certainly burning more calories, even when sitting still, than a small-framed woman who is only 5' tall.

The number of calories you burn at rest can be very different even from someone who is the same height and weight as you. It's hard to tell exactly how much of your body is fat and how much is muscle without professional testing, and body composition can be quite different even between individuals of the same height and weight. A woman who is 5'4" and weighs 160 lbs might be overweight if she has very low muscle mass, and a woman of the same height and weight who is a professional athlete might be keeping herself at a very low body fat percentage, and be in fantastic shape. The athlete is likely burning more calories when at rest than the non-athlete.

Activity level needs to be taken into account when you are trying to figure out how many calories to eat in a day, as well. Many people tend to both underestimate the calories they eat, and overestimate the calories they expend through exercise. If you think that working extra-hard at the gym means that you can chow down at McDonald's and it will all balance out, think again! A half-hour jog for one person may burn a lot more calories than it does for another person. If you've only burned 300 calories at the gym, a 1000 calorie fast food meal is still adding 700 extra calories to your food intake that day!

The moral of the story is that weight loss is individual. Experiment with food and activity levels that fit into your lifestyle until you find a combination that you can commit to, and that will result in steady, healthy weight loss.
By trixxie
#17717 You can be eating only 2000 clories a day, excercising regularly, and eating no fast food or junk what so ever. But yet you may still be gaining weight. So why is that? Well the truth is, every person is different. Some people have slower metabolisms than others, some need to eat less fruit and more protein and some even need to be eating more than 2000 calories a day. There are studies out right now that shows how people with blood type A for example, shouldn't really be eating red meat at all. They instead, should be eating more chicken and protein over everything else. Even if they want a snack fruit for them is not the best thing. Nuts are; peanuts (unsalted), cashews, walnuts, etc. They have specifically designed diets for each blood type. So you don't always have to follow the old food pyramid, research and see what you come up with. Maybe then you can finally be able to see the unwanted pounds melting off. :)
By momma
#20387 I've found that I need fewer than 2000 calories a day, unless I really up my workout regimen. When I had time to play sports a couple times a week, I could eat more. Now that I'm less active, I really have to scale back my eating or the pounds just pile on!
By antonio1979
#21668 Your telling me! Try throwing something like diabetes or hypoglycemia into the mix, where you have to eat precise amounts of this or that at exactly the right times or else you feel horribly sick! It can be really hard to stick to a certain number of calories a day when you get dizzy or faint spells, nausea, or a horrible brain fog/mood swings that only go away when you eat a fairly large meal with lots of carbs!

Of course we know that just worsens the "blood sugar rollercoaster" but it's kind of like being addicted to a drug: you know that going through withdrawal will benefit you in the long run, but in the short term it's so hard to resist when relief from your physical symptoms is within easy reach!
By efpierce
#68042 You have to be able to cut way back on calories and to everything you can to boost your metabolism if you really want to lose weight. Just remember, if you do any of it drastically, the weight will come right back when you go back to your normal routine. It's a life change that needs to be made and one that is very difficult. You have to remember that you didn't get fat overnight and you won't get skinny overnight either.
By paul72
#68248 Losing weight isn't the mystery that the media has it made out to be. Just eat less and workout more. Decrease your calorie intake by about 250 calories and work out at least and hour every day. You should mix cardio with weight training and you will see results very soon.