Welcome to the hgh forum human growth hormone forum, please feel free to discuss anything pertaining to HGH, Anti Aging, bodybuilding and any subject that relates to health and anti aging supplements. Keep in mind that the issue of HGH is very touchy so please nothing illegal should be discussed in this Forum. We shall not be liable for any content that is posted in the forum as this is an open Forum. Remember it is always wise to talk to your physician before doing anything that relates to your health.

Moderator: GrahamM

By HealthandFitness
#16461 It isn't just people who live with diabetes and hypoglycemia who experience blood sugar problems. Low blood sugar causes a lot of negative symptoms, such as exhaustion, weakness, dizziness, confusion, anxiety, and irritability. None of these symptoms makes it easy (or safe!) to stick to your goal of having a good workout. People who are dieting and exercising more in an effort to lose weight may be more susceptible to the "blood sugar rollercoaster," especially if they aren't paying attention to what and how often they are eating.

Food that are high in fiber and protein, and low in simple carbohydrates and refined sugars, help keep blood sugar stable. Even so, you will need to eat small healthy meals every 3-4 hours depending on your personal needs if you want to keep from having blood sugar dips. Those who have diabetes may have to eat more frequently, but of course anyone who is implementing a weight loss plan should consult their doctor about how frequently they should be eating. Amounts of food eaten and the ratio of carbs, protein, and fat should be adjusted based on how often and how hard you are working out. (Again, consult your doctor!)

Although sugary foods do raise blood sugar, it is important to keep yourself from getting into a situation where you need a candy "quick fix" because this results in a cycle where you are bouncing from sugar high to sugar low, all the while hurting your body's ability to deal with sugar properly.
By lolita
#20784 According to my doctor, it doesn't have to be difficult to figure out if your meal is blood sugar friendly:

Divide your plate into four parts. Two parts should be vegetables, one part should be (healthy) carbs, and one part should be lean protein. If you focus on the ratios present at each meal, it is a much easier task than thinking "I have to lose 10 lbs) or "I have to stop eating x type of food."

Smaller goals are easier to stick to than larger ones.
By everleigh
#21109 But what do you do when your blood sugar crashes anyway? I try really hard to plan my food properly, with healthy meals, timing eating and exercise properly, but every few days I get a blood sugar crash anyway. Like really bad--brain fog, dizzy, shaky, hot flashes, and when I get that way I will literally eat anything that is in front of me. I can't stop it! This bingeing is killing my chances of losing weight, but when I say I can't stop, I really mean it. Once it gets that bad, there is no rational thought left in my brain. Help!
By HealthandFitness
#25647 Keep some candy or glucose tabs on you at all times for emergencies. At the very first signs that your blood sugar is starting to drop, eat a glucose tab, some candy, or drink some juice. You should start to feel better in a few minutes, then eat some protein or a complex carb to keep your sugar levels from crashing again afterwards. This is what my friends who have diabetes have told me, and what I have been taught in first aid classes (I am a first aid instructor and examiner.) However, if this happens to you frequently, I would say consult a doctor, and listen to what he or she advises--a medical doctor will know far more about this than I do!

Good luck!
By jameson12
#68214 I always tend to keep protein bars in my gym bag and in the car so I can use them whenever I need a boost. It's not just diabetic people who need to keep their blood sugar at good levels, you would be surprised how much better you will feel once you notice your levels dropping and catch it in time. Your life will be much better for it.