This forum discusses Anti Aging creams and anti wrinkle creams. Feel free to share with us any facts about anti aging anti wrinkle creams, serums, procedures or anything that is used to remove wrinkles and make skin look younger and more vibrant.

Moderator: GrahamM

By HealthandFitness
#15407 To get the most out of the money you spend on anti-aging products, it is important to use them properly.
Of course, you should always follow the manufacturer's directions (after all, they're the ones who made it to work a certain way!) but you might be confused as to why the directions to put on a simple cream are so complicated. Do you really need to wash your face before putting it on? Do you really need to pat gently and massage in circles?

Well, it is important to wash your face before applying anti-aging or anti-wrinkle cream. The layer of oils that your skin produces can interfere with the proper absorption of the ingredients in your anti-aging creams--and you don't want to throw away the money you spent on the product, do you? Take your time to wash your face first, and make sure to wash your hands before applying the cream, as well.

When the directions for an anti-wrinkle cream tell you to pat gently, they mean it. It might be faster to vigorously rub the cream in, but when you do that you are pushing and pulling your facial skin in many different directions. This can result in greater creasing and wrinkling over time! Also, pulling up and down on your facial skin can result in sagging over time. Massaging in gentle circles will avoid over-pulling at your facial skin, and will increase circulation to your face, which will add to the benefits of your anti-aging or anti-wrinkle cream over time.

Keep massaging until all of the cream is absorbed! Not only does this make sure that all of the nourishing ingredients get to your skin, it also promotes the maximum amount of healthy blood circulation and lymph drainage to your facial skin.

Follow these steps to get the most out of your anti-aging routine.
By momma
#18490 I learned about washing your face before putting on lotion the hard way! I go swimming a lot, and after getting out of a chlorinated pool my skin felt tight, so I put on my usual moisturizer. It burned so much and turned my face bright red for quite a while! I don't know if the ingredients were reacting with the chlorine or if i was just like pushing the chlorine further into my face but I will never again put on cream before washing my face!