Welcome to the hgh forum human growth hormone forum, please feel free to discuss anything pertaining to HGH, Anti Aging, bodybuilding and any subject that relates to health and anti aging supplements. Keep in mind that the issue of HGH is very touchy so please nothing illegal should be discussed in this Forum. We shall not be liable for any content that is posted in the forum as this is an open Forum. Remember it is always wise to talk to your physician before doing anything that relates to your health.

Moderator: GrahamM

By DoubleDay
#16657 It's hard to keep up with health news...one day we are told to avoid alcohol, the next we are told that a glass or two of red wine a day can keep blood pressure down and prevent heart disease. Then we're told that if we want to lose weight, we should avoid drinking alcohol. So: what is the truth about alcohol and weight gain or alcohol and weight loss?
The truth is that alcohol is not easily broken down by the body to be used for energy. Therefore, alcohol itself does not really cause weight gain. However, most alcoholic drinks have a high sugar content, which can wreak havoc with blood sugar levels and cause you to pack on the pounds. "Girly" drinks and beer are the worst offenders, and straight "hard" drinks like vodka or gin are less likely to cause a problem. Mixing alcohol with juice or soda sabotages diets!
Of course, there is another reason why alcohol can cause you to gain weight. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions, and can make you lose control. Even a little alcohol can zap your willpower and convince you that snacking on potato chips all night is a good idea. That's something you certainly don't need if you're trying to lose weight and eat healthier!
By angelfire
#17414 Drinking is the worst for weight gain because of exactly what you said: after a couple drinks you think "well, it won't hurt if I get a platter of nachos just this one time..." Alcohol always makes me hungry, so I know I need to avoid it most of the time in order to keep my weight down.
By Jrella
#17647 I have to strongly agree with Angelfire. I know everytime I drink I am much more willing to buy a nice juicy bar burger! It always seems like a much better idea when I've had a few drinks.