Welcome to the hgh forum human growth hormone forum, please feel free to discuss anything pertaining to HGH, Anti Aging, bodybuilding and any subject that relates to health and anti aging supplements. Keep in mind that the issue of HGH is very touchy so please nothing illegal should be discussed in this Forum. We shall not be liable for any content that is posted in the forum as this is an open Forum. Remember it is always wise to talk to your physician before doing anything that relates to your health.

Moderator: GrahamM

By HealthandFitness
#16867 I'm sure we've all seen a lot of talk lately about "superfoods." Every magazine assures you that you should be eating them, and every weight loss and nutritional supplement seems to contain "the five hottest superfoods!"
But what, exactly, is a "superfood," and what does a superfood do?
Well, it might surprise you to know that there isn't an exact definition.
A superfood is generally agreed to be a food that has a high concentration of anti-oxidants, which clean up free radicals in the body. There is no specification as to how many different types of antioxidants or how much of them have to be in a food before it is classified as a superfood. In fact, there isn't even an official classification system. People pretty much go around calling things superfoods because they contain anti-oxidants, and that's about it.

So, what's so great about anti-oxidants? Well, free radicals are formed in your body in response to toxins you encounter in your diet, in the air, and as a natural part of the body's processes (as a waste product.) Free radicals zoom around inside you, causing cell damage, which can manifest itself as signs of aging. Anti-oxidants neutralize free radicals, and can prevent, or even reverse, signs of aging.

So that's why "superfoods" get all the hype they do.

The important thing to remember is to research everything for yourself before you just believe that something with a "superfood" as one of the ingredients will be the most amazing supplement of all time. Research the superfood, and how much/how many anti-oxidants it contains, as well as how much of the superfood is actually in the supplement. Then you can decide for yourself if its worth your money!
By Victory77
#19412 Try to eat healthy, locally-grown foods that are in season. Foods that have been stored for months or spent a long time travelling to get to you have had a lot of their healthy nutrients leached out. Berries off the bush are packed with antioxidants!
By catsanddogs
#19414 I don't know about superfoods. I think you'll be healthier if you eat more fruits and vegetables, period. I'm always a little suspicious that all this "superfood" stuff is about making money. Notice how they never want to sell you the actual berry, but instead a supplement containing a small amount of the berry or whatever, plus a bunch of other stuff that supposedly makes it expensive?