Welcome to the hgh forum human growth hormone forum, please feel free to discuss anything pertaining to HGH, Anti Aging, bodybuilding and any subject that relates to health and anti aging supplements. Keep in mind that the issue of HGH is very touchy so please nothing illegal should be discussed in this Forum. We shall not be liable for any content that is posted in the forum as this is an open Forum. Remember it is always wise to talk to your physician before doing anything that relates to your health.

Moderator: GrahamM

By HealthandFitness
#17491 It's happened before with individual products, but that wasn't quite enough for "Big Pharma." They want to take away our right to affordable health and quality of life by heavily regulating supplements, which will drive up prices or force us to turn to the even higher-priced, artificial, chemical-laden prescription medication that they sell!

The fact is that supplements, with natural ingredients, are a huge source of competition to prescription medication. Medications that aim to cure or treat serious diseases must obviously be heavily researched and tested, and of course they must be available by prescription only, because misuse could kill a person. The vast majority of supplements, however, simply help your body stay healthy on a regular basis. They work on the basis of prevention, rather than cure, which is a concept Big Pharma hates, because it "robs" them of their hundreds of millions in profits. They want to make supplements only available by prescription, just like their potentially dangerous drugs. This is ridiculous, because when was the last time you saw a natural health supplement with as many risks for serious side effects as a prescription drug?

Dangerous substances should be regulated, but safe ones shouldn't be. Substances that can potentially result in addiction should be regulated, of course. Most supplements do not fall under those categories, and so should not be prescription-only items. Of course, if it is found that a company is marketing something potentially dangerous, than it could no longer be called a supplement, and would have to be re-categorized as a drug and regulated. The point is not to expose people to danger, but to give them a choice between the extortionist prices of Big Pharma and something that is a little more reasonable.
By VictoriaTrix
#17646 I love natural health supplements but I don't know what Id do if many of the products that I use everyday became prescription-only. I don't feel asthough I'd be able to afford them any longer, which is truly sad because many of these products do help to pervent illnesses and promote healthier life styles. :cry:
By Sapphire
#17803 Well, that's exactly the problem. Governments always say that they have our best interests at heart, and talk about how prevention is cheaper than curing an illness ten years down the road...but now the only way many people can afford to keep themselves healthy and prevent illness might be taken away or made much more expensive. Think about it: what if daily multivitamins were regulated as drugs and you needed a prescription? Who would be able to afford them then? More people would end up with rickets and anemia, because as food prices go up, many of us can't afford to get all the vitamins and minerals we need from food!