This forum discusses Anti Aging creams and anti wrinkle creams. Feel free to share with us any facts about anti aging anti wrinkle creams, serums, procedures or anything that is used to remove wrinkles and make skin look younger and more vibrant.

Moderator: GrahamM

By marion
#23995 My skin is so sun-damaged from all my carelessness when i was young. We didn't really know about skin cancer and the sun then, and we all spent all day outside in the summer without a care for the occasional sunburn, except to smack each other when we walked by to see each other grimmace! So now I have some age spots, lines, thinning, all that stuff that I know now is due to the sun! Can anything help me get rid of this stupid sun damage or am I doomed?
By lisafan
#24467 Yes chemical peels have been around for awhile that can do this, and laser technology is fairly new. Both have a certain risk of burns and scarring, so if u decide to do this be very careful and do your research to find a good plastic surgeon/laser operator. You want to get rid of sun damage, not cause more damage!
By HealthandFitness
#24955 The funniest thing about this is that a laser treatment uses intense light to get rid of damage caused by the radiation in the sun's light! Some people might think: won't that make it worse?

Well, a laser is controlled, much gentler than the sun, and is only light. The Sun's light has radiation is areas of the spectrum that human eyes can't see, including the UVA and UVB rays that cause sun damage in skin.

Lasers can selectively pinpoint certain areas. Well it is true that the laser causes damage, it does so in order to stimulate the skin to grow again like it did when you were younger. For example, breaking a bone causes new bone to grow where it would not have if you hadn't broken the bone, and laser treatments cause new youthful skin to grow where it wouldn't have otherwise.

Getting a laser treatment can be expensive, and if you do decide to do it, it's important to research the clinic and technician carefully. It's always important to follow the post-treatment directions PERFECTLY. If you are supposed to apply a certain cream at a certain time of day, do it. If you are supposed to avoid sun exposure for a certain number of days, don't even sit near a window. Following the doctor's instructions is the best way to get the results you want out of any procedure.

Good luck with your decision!